Looking for strategies to help stay in control of your children? I came across this short little video from howcast.com and though mostly aimed at parents with younger children, I think the tips will have value for all. Covers strategies like:
– Instead of telling your kids what not to do, tell them what they should do
– When you want your child to do something they may not want to do, provide a few choices
– Use reverse psychology by forbidding them to do something you want them to do
– Turn commands into challenges
– Add a silly element to a request
– Never use a bribe to get a child to eat something
– Remain calm if your child acts up – especially if you usually get emotional
To watch the video click here: httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kXmVmiz_h4
Though the video is short, I thought it offered some great tips. What do you think?
Latest posts by Staff Writer (see all)
- Like Robert Palmer? What These Kids Have Done To His Music Is Amazing! - May 3, 2014
- Weathering The Unexpected – Children And Divorce - May 19, 2013
- How to Avoid Fear-Based Parenting - May 12, 2013
Tell Us What You Think!
Powered by Facebook Comments